When I design a wallpaper, I often start by choosing the color palette first. Most of the wallpapers I use always exist of darker colors and preferably a minimum amount of disturbance. They set a calm and restful mood. I don't like busy attention grabbing wallpapers in the background while I'm designing. That's why I started out with a darker blue or grey. While exploring colors I was looking at my inspiration gallery, and I was totally drawn to the colors used on this image. The combination of the blue with the soap green and the red accent is really beautiful.
However, my biggest inspiration was this song called 'Into Life' by The Rurals, featuring Jaidene Veda. The combination of Jaidene's smooth voice, the intensity of the song, and the lyrics... Well, I can't get enough of it.
If you like, you can find and follow The Rurals on Facebook.
Where to buy?
Download the wallpaper
for your desktop, iPad or iPhone
- iPad homescreen wallpaper
- iPad lockscreen wallpaper
- iPhone 4 homescreen wallpaper
- iPhone 4 lockscreen wallpaper
- iPhone 3G or G3S homescreen wallpaper
- iPhone 3G or G3S lockscreen wallpaper
- 2560 x 1440 wallpaper
How did I create it?
The wallpaper is created in Adobe Illustrator (CS5). I did some sketching at first The only idea I had in mind was that I wanted to use smooth transparent shapes. At first I ended up with something way more geometric, with straight lines Here is a brief explanation on how I created the rounded shapes:
- Starting with a circle…
- Adding a smaller circle that I aligned with the bottom right of the bigger circle.
- Adding a third circle, that I aligned with the left of the small circle.
- Using the Shape Builder tool (CS5), I ended up with a shape that looks a bit like a moon crest.
- Rotating/duplicating that shape at 180° along the center point of the smaller circle.
- Mirroring/duplicating the 2 shapes along that same center point using 0° as mirror angle.